3 lbs. Guatemala Finca Ceylan Organic SHG Fresh Medium Roast 100% Arabica Coffee Beans
- Fresh Roasted Each Morning & Shipped in the Afternoon! Atitlan coffees tend to be more relaxed than Huehuetenango coffees, but no less tasty. The flavor profile is similar - creamy chocolate, nice complexity to the body, some lemon and floral accents.
- Dominant Cup Characteristic: Bold yet relaxed flavor. Attributes: Moderate to full body, with a pleasingly moderate acidity. Flavor Traits: Citrus acidity, cocoa. Certifications: Organic, Rain Forest, Bird Friendly.
- Growing Conditions: Shade grown, hand picked sun dried on patios. Hardness of the Bean: A dense high grown Central American coffee. Altitude: 3,500-5,000 feet. Processing: Fully Washed. Varietal: Bourbon, Typica, Mundo Novo.
- Roasting: Start with a Full City (Medium Dark), or just a few snaps into the second crack. If you can't hear the cracks, then roast until the beans are smooth and medium dark brown with just the first hint of sheen as the oil emerges. This coffee roasts evenly. Try this, and then if you prefer, feel free to carry it darker in subsequent roasts.
- Recommendation: Guatemala produces some of our most popular coffees. People who enjoy clean, clear taste profiles in a balanced coffee with a chocolate finish will enjoy this coffee. The flavor can be changed substantially depending on how dark you roast it, but just about everyone will find something to like.
In the Atitlan region of central Guatemala, the Echeverria family has been producing and processing exceptional quality coffees since 1870. Originally named Finca Ceylan & Colima, the name was later changed to Finca Ceylan & Anexos (annexes) as other farms became a part of it. The farm hires mostly local labor, generating jobs for people in the surrounding towns. Conscientious environmental practices are employed in and around the farm. The coffee residue from the wet mill is used as an organic fertilizer for the farm, creating a self-sufficient system. To protect its abundant water resources, the farm maintains the river basins and the natural vegetation that grows nearby. Before disposal, the water used in the wet mill processing is filtered through oxidation tanks to prevent contamination of the nearby rivers. Finca Ceylan has a natural forest reserve that is protected - hunting and fishing are prohibited - to conserve different species of trees, plants, and wildlife in the ecosystem. The farm has qualified for organic certification and is also bird-friendly certified by the Smithsonian Migratory Bird Center. The farm’s employees and their families are provided with housing, drinkable water, and educational benefits. The cultivation of alternative crops such as cardamom, macadamia nuts, bananas, and plantains also helps to provide for the well-being of the farm families. Atitlan coffees tend to be more relaxed than Huehuetenango coffees, but no less tasty. The flavor profile is similar - creamy chocolate, nice complexity to the body, some lemon and floral accents. Guatemalan coffee tends to be the most complex of all Central & South American coffees, which is why we like them so much. This Ceylan coffee has more citrus notes than the Huehuetenango and the chocolate is more cocoa than milk chocolate.
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping via USPS Priority or UPS Air Express or Ground.
For Free USA shipping, merchant selects carriers based upon final customer destination. Customers may also upgrade shipping @ checkout where payment options are available.