3 lbs. Peru Approcassi Cajamarca Fair Trade Organic Shade Grown Fresh Dark Roast 100% Arabica Coffee Beans
- Fresh Roasted Each Morning & Shipped in the Afternoon! A mellow, gentle coffee with a subtle nutty flavor and a pleasingly natural sweetness.
- This coffee makes an amazing espresso and is ideal for cold brews too!
- There are two things that contribute to the amazing and unparalleled taste of Peruvian coffee:
- One, it is organically grown since 1700 AD and the technique that the farmers use has been handed over by word of mouth from generation to generation.
- And two, there is no interference yet from modern technology on any of the 110 thousand coffee farms in Peru.
- The combined effect of these two factors is that the organic Peruvian coffee has a remarkable taste the richness of which no one has yet been able to copy.
The town of Naranjas, located in Peru’s northern Andean region of Cajamarca, produces one of the best coffees in the world due to its aroma, flavor and quality, reported US satellite and cable television business news channel CNBC. Sunshine in your cup, grown by farmers of the APPROCASSI Fair Trade Group from Cajamarca province in Peru. Which means you’re not just getting an excellent coffee, you’re supporting sustainable farming, too. The coffee crop is cultivated in between trees so it is shielded completely from the sun. The Peruvian coffee is grown completely in shade. The beans are picked over a period of five months, i.e. May to September by hand. The next step, pulping, is also done by hand after which the beans are stored in huge fermentation tanks which helps in cleaning them. Lastly, the coffee beans are transported to the market where about 80 percent is exported. The farms where the coffee is grown are small, about 2-3 acres each where the farmers work hard to uphold the amazing quality of the crop using exclusively indigenous methods. Each farm is equipped with a micro-wet milling system which is yet another effort to keep Peru free form any type of chemical pollution. Full City Plus, a few snaps into 2nd crack, was nice, chocolaty, but more one-dimensional. The wet aroma has heather-like flowers. At that magical roast level, at City Plus, the cup has a fantastic milky chocolate, almonds, coconut. It's like a candy bar! There is a muted, clean fruit flavor; Bosc Pear, turning to milk chocolate in the finish, with bittering hints of almond skins. Roast Type: Light, City Plus to Medium Roast, Full City Plus
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping via USPS Priority or UPS Air Express or Ground.
For Free USA shipping, merchant selects carriers based upon final customer destination. Customers may also upgrade shipping @ checkout where payment options are available.
This coffee is the best I've tried yet! I love that it's fair trade organic shade grown too!
I sent this to my daughter and she loved it so much she and her guest (of 4 days) had 2 pots a day. It's a treat to have fresh roasted coffee beans. I buy your green beans and roast them myself......once I got my routine and timing finessed, we're loving our fresh coffee beans!