3 lbs. Uganda AA West Nile-Erussi RFA Fresh Light Roast 100% Arabica Coffee Beans
- ALTITUDE: 1,250 ‐ 1,500 meters HARVEST: October ‐ January AVAILABILITY: November ‐ March REGION: West Nile, Nebbi District
- COFFEE PROCESSING: Wet Processing DRYING: Patio Drying CERTIFICATIONS: Rain Forest Alliance
- EXPORT BAG SIZE: 60kg (132.28 lbs) MAIN PRODUCING REGIONS: Arabica: Mount Elgon (East), West Nile (Northwest) and Rwenzori Mountains (Southwest)
- In the cup, Uganda’s washed coffees bring satiny body and ripe stone fruit tones, along with a delicate touch of red berry and a buttery finish. The best natural coffees feature a lush dark berry jam flavor and mouthfeel, and clean nougat-like mid tones.
- Cup notes: Full body, Medium Acidity. Flavor notes: Winey characteristics, Rich Aroma
Coffee accounts for 20 – 30% of Uganda’s foreign exchange earnings each year, and more than 3.5 million families work in coffee-related activities. The bulk of the country’s coffee is produced by smallholder farmers working plots of less than 2.5 hectares. While Uganda is (along with the Democratic Republic of Congo) one of the countries where robusta coffee originated, today it is gaining increasing recognition for the quality of its arabicas. Arabica is grown primarily on the eastern and western borders of the country. In the east, coffee is produced around the Mount Elgon volcano, and the washed coffees produced there are often exported under the Bugisu (or Bugishu) name. In the Rwenzori mountains of Western Uganda, natural processing is the standard method, and the low-grade commercial product resulting from strip picking and high defect counts is known as DRUGAR (dried Uganda Arabica). Historically, neither the drugars nor the washed arabicas fetched very high prices. However, in recent years a great push has been made by growers – particularly in the West – who understood that they had the soil, the elevation, the climate and the genetic stock–to create an outstanding coffee. The results of this new focus on careful harvesting and meticulous processing have been excellent. Growers are beginning to sell their washed arabicas – and their specialty natural process arabicas – for great prices. In the cup, Uganda’s washed coffees bring satiny body and ripe stone fruit tones, along with a delicate touch of red berry and a buttery finish. The best natural coffees feature a lush dark berry jam flavor and mouthfeel, and clean nougat-like mid tones.
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping via USPS Priority or UPS Air Express or Ground.
For Free USA shipping, merchant selects carriers based upon final customer destination. Customers may also upgrade shipping @ checkout where payment options are available.
I blend it with four other Rhoads Roast coffees