5 lbs. Costa Rica Los Cerros Micro Lot Fresh Medium Roast 100% Arabica Coffee Beans from the San Juanillo Valley
- Cup Characteristics: Good body, sharp acidity, with lemon, nuts and chocolate malt notes...excellent bean for home roasting enthusiasts!
- Interesting notes on the coffee or regional culture: San Juanillo is one of the best coffee regions is Costa Rica. With an excellent altitude and the best soil to grow coffee, this region is well known for its magnificent quality.
- A floral, perfumey cup—think orange and jasmine blossoms—with cinnamon and caramel flavors and an acidity that cools to a sweet lemon-lime.
- Single Estate, Coop, Mill Mark: Beneficio La Eva. Group of producers. Harvest period: From January to February. Elevation: Over 1300 mosl. Soil type: Volcanic soils. Varieties planted: Caturra, Catuai and Villa Sarchi
- Weather conditions allows to have a very good maturation at moment to pick the beans. Coffee comes from the best beans from the best part of the crop. Washed coffee, yellow honey. Processed in a separate equipment to keep it absolutely separate from the rest of the coffees. Drying (Patio, machine, beds, combination): Sun dried with final point of dry in circular driers. Sorting processes: All coffee is sorted by density and color.
The West Valley is one of the most dynamic and multifaceted coffee-producing regions, thanks to its numerous micro-climates. Modern agricultural practices are a constant for plantations and producers alike, ensuring the highest quality coffee. Costa Rica prides itself on providing a high quality of life. Coffee pickers — including migrant workers who come for the harvest from Nicaragua and Panama — are guaranteed the minimum wage and access to the national healthcare system.
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping via USPS Priority or UPS Air Express or Ground.
For Free USA shipping, merchant selects carriers based upon final customer destination. Customers may also upgrade shipping @ checkout where payment options are available.