10 lbs. Unroasted Ethiopian Queen City Harrar Natural 100% Arabica Coffee Beans
- Flavor Nuances of dark chocolate with hints of cinnamon and dried cherry.
- Ethiopian Harrar coffee is known for its winey and fruity, floral-toned acidity, bright in the cup, even intense, and with a rich and pungent, heady aroma that is wonderfully reminiscent of blackberries.
- The Harrar coffees are considered power house coffees, exhibiting a bold taste that resonates in the cup.
- Being sun-dried, these coffees exhibit a complex, wild fruitiness that is unmistakable, though sometimes a bit muted.
- A fine Harrar coffee has a very interesting dry edge to it, and sometimes a surprisingly pleasant, slightly fermented aftertaste including intense notes of jasmine.
Heavy-bodied, spicy and fragrant, Ethiopian Harrar coffee is a wild and exotic dry processed (natural)Arabica coffee that is grown on small farms in the Oromia region (formerly Harrar) in southern Ethiopia at elevations between 4,500 and 6,300 feet. The province of Harrar, is east of Addis Ababa, the country’s capitol. It is one of the oldest coffee beans still produced and is known for its distinctive fruity, wine flavour. The bean is medium in size, with a greenish-yellowish colour. It has medium acidity and full body and a distinctive mocha flavour. Harrar is a dry processed coffee bean, with sorting and processing done almost entirely by hand. Though processing is done by hand, the laborers are extremely knowledgeable of how each bean is categorized. Harrar beans can be divided into three categories: Longberry, Shortberry, and Mocha. Longberry varieties consist of the largest beans and are often considered of the highest quality, in both value and flavor. In some cases this is true but more often than not it's just a marketing pitch. It is one of the highest valued coffees in the world. It is known for having very distinct aromas and flavors of chocolate, spices, and a complex of citrus notes. This is the magical flavor profile that buyers in the States are so desirous of, and so frustrated about when they cannot find it. Think blueberries, cherries, chocolate. The mouth feel is rich and creamy, and the flavors relatively heavy, but the acidity still has a bright clarity that enlivens the whole cup. The aroma notes included toast, honey, caramel, and the aforementioned berries and chocolate. Roasting Medium to French Roast. Contact merchant for larger orders.
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping via USPS Priority or UPS Air Express or Ground.
For Free USA shipping, merchant selects carriers based upon final customer destination. Customers may also upgrade shipping @ checkout where payment options are available.