5 lbs. Mexican El Mezcal Organic Micro Lot Fresh Unroasted 100% Arabica Coffee Beans
- Bright, grown at high altitudes, mild acidity, medium body, nice rich flavor, chocolate, citrus, caramel, sweet, fruit as it cools, clean, hint of cherry, rich lasting finish.
- Scored it an 84 with cupping notes: sweet balanced, even nicer when it cools, tart, stone fruit.
- Varietals: Bourbon, Catimor, Guacamaya, Marsellesa, Maragoype Altitude: 3750 – 5900 ft (1450 – 1800 m) Volume: 3,200 bags per harvest Process: Fermented, Fully washed.
- There is a lingering sweetness to this coffee which contrasts its mild acidity, and the fruit notes will become more apparent as the cup cools. The body is medium to deep (again depending on the roast), and the aroma is sweet and spicy with notes of fruit.
- Best at Light roast through Full City Roast, Not recommended for very dark roasts. If you enjoy micro lot coffees, then this is one to definitely try!
Mexican El Mezcal was named after a tree called Mezcal in the front of the town. El Mezcal used to be part of a large finca but instead of working for a finca, the group wanted to have their own farm...so they left the finca and decided to produce coffee. The location of the farm in the Southern Mexican state of Chiapas, known for producing the best coffee in Mexico, makes this coffee a wonderful experience. We loved cupping it and brought some home this past weekend...drank it all! It was a real challenge to pick our favorite roast level for this wonderful Mexican El Mezcal Micro Lot.The lighter roasts will yield brighter acidity and mild fruit; the darker roasts, depth, chocolate, and caramel. In the end, we settled on a Full City Roast for the round body with mild, complex acidity. City Roast - This roast level will yield the most complexity, brighter acidity and fruit. While you get full origin characteristics here, you will lose depth. Full City Roast - We prefer this roast level in order to experience the best overall balance of sweetness, body, and character. Full City (+) Roast - This was our second favorite roast level. This roast level will bring the focus on depth, tempered brightness and fruit. Chocolate and caramel notes become apparent. Darker Roasts - This roast will provide the huge depth, but will sacrifice brighter notes. If you are looking for that big cup and deep body without the brightness and high end palate complexity, then Vienna or French is a great choice.
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping via USPS Priority or UPS Air Express or Ground.
For Free USA shipping, merchant selects carriers based upon final customer destination. Customers may also upgrade shipping @ checkout where payment options are available.