5 lbs. Tanzanian Mondul Estate Fancy Northern Peaberry Fresh Unroasted 100% Arabica Coffee Beans
- Comes from the Mondul Estate in Northern Tanzania, Africa, this coffee offers floral jasmine aroma, bright medium bodied flavor with hints of black currant and a chocolate finish. Fancy Grade.
- Fresh Roasted Each Morning & Shipped in the Afternoon! Heavier at a darker roast level. Overall wine-like taste and a great aroma.
- The prized peaberry grade assures that you are getting ready to enjoy a coffee bean of high integrity and a roast of unmatched uniformity. Peaberry coffees render a flavor that is concentrated and offers a livelier cup with a full body and distinguished aroma.
- This gourmet African coffee displays many of the characteristics of Kenyan coffee, though much lighter in acidity; it is full-bodied with a great aroma and black-currant/chocolate finish...a great, gourmet coffee and a must try too!
- Location: Mount Meru, Arumeru District, Arusha Region, Northern Tanzania Altitude: 4,410 Feet, 1,334 Meters Varietal: Kent, Bourbon, SL Process: Washed Process; Drying: Sun dried on patios Harvest: August – November; Export: November - March
The Mondul Estate is part of the Burka Estate which is one of Tanzania’s oldest and largest specialty coffee producers and is located in Northern Tanzania. Burka was established in 1899 by a German settler, Mr. Rahn, and shortly thereafter the first coffee trees were planted. When German East African colonial status ended after World War I, the estate was declared “Enemy Property” and it became part of the new British Protectorate in Tanganyika. In 1929, a group of Swiss investors bought the farm; their ownership has continued to the present through independence from Great Britain and the merging of Tanganyika and Zanzibar into present day Tanzania. The company employs approximately 200 permanent staff with an additional 500 daily staff during the harvest season. Permanent staff and their families are provided with housing on the estates, medical services, and schooling for their children. The company pays at least 20% above the minimum wage. Burka Coffee Estates produces shade grown Arabica coffee using an eco-friendly and responsible approach to the environment and its neighboring communities. This gourmet African coffee displays many of the characteristics of Kenyan coffee; it is full-bodied with a great aroma and black-currant/chocolate finish...a great, gourmet coffee! Peaberry coffees render a concentrated flavor that offers a livelier cup, full body and distinguished aroma. Peaberry beans roast differently from the corresponding flat berry beans and are widely reputed to roast better, more evenly than flat berries because their rounder shape rolls about the roasting chamber more easily. Additionally, the alleged higher bean density may improve heat transfer in the roasting process. Normally the fruit of the coffee plant develops as two halves of a bean within a single cherry, but sometimes only one of the two seeds gets fertilized so there is nothing to flatten it, typically around 5% of all coffee beans harvested are of this form.
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping via USPS Priority or UPS Air Express or Ground.
For Free USA shipping, merchant selects carriers based upon final customer destination. Customers may also upgrade shipping @ checkout where payment options are available.
Our first roast was to about FCe +20sec. Too acidic--had to trash it. Next roast was into SC by 5-10 sec and about 22% development. MUCH better. I had also read on a roasting forum--Tanzania Peaberry needs 7 days after roasting to out gas. I just did 2 roasts this AM so hopefully they will be like the last one. I will let 1 roast rest for 4 days and see how it is. I am disappointed that Rhoads has discontinued their roasting notes. These were helpful to me giving me a start point for roasting the new variety.
Sweet, rich, and slightly fruity taste...absolutely delicious. I do a med/dark roast. Order a bag of these, you will not be disappointed.
Prompt shipping, quality beans, made for an amazing cup of coffee..
This coffee is great tasting. A great way to start my day. I roasted it to a medium roast, it's perfect.
I'm a hobby roaster and run a very small side hustle roasting coffee beans for friends. I've roasted quite a few different beans but always come back to the Tanzanian Peaberry. The folks I roast for love the flavor and the caffeine boost It gives. I love the fact that I can order it from Rhoadsroast and get a quality product at a fair price.