5 lbs. Honduras Comsa Marcala SHG Fair Trade Organic Fresh Dark Roast 100% Arabica Coffee Beans
- Honduras Comsa Marcala–citrus start with hints of cherry balanced by an almond-flavored, dark chocolate body with a sweet caramel finish.
- Fresh Roasted to Order Each Morning & Shipped in the Afternoon! This bean is much more lively than what is thought of as a typical Honduran coffee.
- It is bright, syrupy sweet, and energetic. Honduran coffee usually has a more laid back character than this offering.
- The fragrance of the brewed coffee is reminiscent of almonds and warm caramel with lemon lingering in the finish.
- This is not a heavy coffee, but it has a pleasant intensity and brightness that is memorable.
In the year 2000, 62 Honduran coffee farmers joined together with a common goal to transform their farms from conventional to organic production and formed COMSA (Cafe Organico Marcala, S.A). In 2001, fostered by a foundation called Funder, COMSA earned their organic certification from Bio Latina which has enabled them to market their coffee to more international buyers and realize better selling prices for their coffee. In February 2006, COMSA then applied for and was granted Fair Trade certification status. COMSA uses the Fair Trade price premium to fund many social projects including paying teachers’ salaries and purchasing school supplies. The premium also finances the construction of kitchens in the schools in support of the Merienda Escolar program that provides meals for school children. RhoadsRoast Coffees is proud to support COMSA by purchasing their excellent quality, organic and Fairtrade certified coffee. Location: La Paz, Marcala Altitude: 1,295 - 1,699 Meters Varietal: Bourbon, Typica, Catuai, Caturra Process: Washed Drying: Sun and mechanical Harvest: December - April Export: February - June
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping via USPS Priority or UPS Air Express or Ground.
For Free USA shipping, merchant selects carriers based upon final customer destination. Customers may also upgrade shipping @ checkout where payment options are available.