Love coffee? Here @RhoadsRoast, we do too and many people are still on the fence about the health benefits from coffee. During the past year, news and social media outlets have confirmed that coffee is actually very healthy and it is loaded with antioxidants and beneficial nutrients that can improve your health. While good health is always based on what you consume in moderation, many studies show that coffee drinkers have a much lower risk of susceptibility to some serious diseases.
Let's look into the top health benefits of coffee that have been confirmed in actual human studies, courtesy of Healthline:
1. Caffeine blocks an inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain, which leads to a stimulant effect. This improves energy levels, mood and various aspects of brain function. Additionally, other studies show that coffee appears to lower the risk of developing depression and may dramatically reduce the risk of suicide.
2. Several studies show that caffeine can increase fat burning in the body and boost the metabolic rate. Caffeine can increase adrenaline levels and release fatty acids from the fat tissues which can lead to significant improvements in physical performance.
4. Coffee contains several important nutrients, including Riboflavin, Pantothenic Acid, Manganese, Potassium, Magnesium and Niacin.
5. Several observational studies show that coffee drinkers have a much lower risk of getting type II diabetes which currently afflicts about 300 million people worldwide.
6. Coffee drinkers have a much lower risk of getting Alzheimer's disease, a leading cause of dementia worldwide as well as having up to a 60% lower risk of getting Parkinson's disease, the second most common neurodegenerative disorder.
7. Coffee drinkers have a much lower risk of developing cirrhosis, which can be caused by several diseases that affect the liver as well as a lower risk of liver and colorectal cancer which are the 3rd and 4th leading causes of cancer death worldwide.
8. Coffee may cause mild increases in blood pressure, which usually diminish over time. Coffee drinkers do not have an increased risk of heart disease, but a slightly lower risk of stroke and a lower risk of premature death.
Please read the evidence in this attached article courtesy of Evidence-based Nutrition at Healthline, written by Kris Gunnars, BSc. This is an interesting article with informative nutritional and scientific facts. Check it out...you won't regret it!
And please don't forget to try some of our wonderful coffees at rhoadsroast-coffees.com or greendragoncoffeehouse.com
Thank you for your support and follow us on Twitter @RhoadsRoast