2.5 lbs. Guatemala SHB Huehuetenango Huixoc RFA Fresh Dark Espresso Roast 100% Arabica Coffee Beans
- This shade-grown varietal is stunning in its mellow, smooth flavors, very few bags actually make it to the United States.
- Fresh Roasted Each Morning & Shipped in the Afternoon! Balanced by sweetness & nuanced by fruit.
- This is a rich cup with interesting, although quite subtle, spice notes, as well as a great acidic snap.
- Roast fully to bring out deep, dark chocolate flavors.
- Shade-grown, sun-dried, and hand-sorted, these carefully cultivated beans present gorgeous nuanced flavors and bright acidity.
This coffee tends to be lively, flavorful, bold, and bright. This varietal in particular - an estate-grown coffee from Finca Huixoc - has pristine balance, excellent body, and a creamy consistency. Shade-grown, sun-dried, and hand-sorted, these carefully cultivated beans present gorgeous nuanced flavors and bright acidity. Guatemala is home to some of the most clearly "flavor-identifiable" micro-climate coffees in the world. This is due to the combination of young, active volcanic soils, extremely high altitudes, and early morning clouds. The dense, early morning fogs, heavy dew, and steep mountainsides create rare micro-climates. The result is a highly distinguished cup of coffee, with a quiet and enjoyable complexity. This Huehuetenango is among the highest quality coffees that we have added as a new addition to our offerings this year. Huixoc Estate is a farm in the Huehuetenango region. The primary focus there is pine tree forestry, but coffee was historically the main crop. This is an old and well-established farm with high elevations and a sunny harvest season. The Guatemala Huehuetenango ‘Huixoc Estate’ coffee (pronounced wee-chok; Mayan, meaning “spring in the rocks”) is Rainforest Alliance Certified. The springs are critical to Huixoc’s quality, providing abundant water for coffee and other crops, the workers and families, and energy for the estate’s coffee mill. Altitude: 4,200-5,500 ft. Varietals: Bourbon, Caturra, Catuai, Mundo Novo. Drying: Sun-dried on Patios. Process: Fully Washed.
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping via USPS Priority or UPS Air Express or Ground.
For Free USA shipping, merchant selects carriers based upon final customer destination. Customers may also upgrade shipping @ checkout where payment options are available.