10 lbs. El Salvador SHG Red Bourbon Buenos Aires Fresh Unroasted 100% Arabica Coffee Beans
- Nutty chocolate, butterscotch, brown sugar, grape, apricot and tangerine. All coffees are fresh crop imports yearly.
- GROWING REGION: Apaneca Mountains; ALTITUDE: 5,300 Feet above sea level.
- PROCESSING: Washed and sundried on a patio; Body: Medium to full; Acidity: Low.
- The flavor profile varies depending on where the Bourbon is grown, but many coffee pros describe the taste as nutty or chocolaty, with a full, creamy body.
- Love the balance, richness and strength of flavor in top-quality Bourbon coffee beans.
Buenos Aires Estate has been a family farm for three generations. The breathtakingly beautiful farm spans the side of a pronounced mountain, at the very top of which sits a natural wildlife refuge. The farm benefits from an orientation to the wind that doesn’t incur the same crop damage as do some others. Bourbons, Bourbon hybrids and Bourbon mutations make up the types of Bourbon Arabica produced. One characteristic common to most (but not all) Bourbons is a 20 percent to 30 percent higher bean yield than the Typical varietal. While there are exceptions, Bourbons generally produce best in elevations between 3,500 feet and 6,500 feet. Because the soil and climate influences the flavor of the coffee, Bourbons have a slight taste variation depending on where they are grown. Bourbon (Bour-bone) is one of the two original coffee varietals together with the venerable Typica. It is named after an island that was once known as Bourbon, now Réunion, east of Madagascar, where it was discovered in the 18th century. It was later planted in Brazil and El Salvador, earning a reputation for its balance and complex acidity. While red-skinned Bourbons are most common, some of the fruit ripen to a yellow or, rarely, orange or pink. These natural variations are named for their skin color (Yellow Bourbon, Orange Bourbon, etc.) and are often prized for their uniqueness. Like other heirloom coffees, Bourbons require extra effort and care from farmers; they’re harder to grow than robust, man-made hybrids, requiring conditions to be just right, and they tend to be lower-yielding—but the payoff can be big.
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping via USPS Priority or UPS Air Express or Ground.
For Free USA shipping, merchant selects carriers based upon final customer destination. Customers may also upgrade shipping @ checkout where payment options are available.