3 lbs. Bali Blue Moon Organic Fresh Light/Medium Roast 100% Arabica Coffee Beans
- Fresh Roasted Each Morning & Shipped in the Afternoon! Although It presents traces of the earthy flavor profile characteristic of Indonesian coffees, Bali Blue Moon renders a clean and classic brew. Bold and smooth, the flavors persist into a syrupy black-cherry finish.
- Exotic, flavorful, and aromatic. Bali Blue is fully Indonesian in character but without being "earthy". Full of ripe stone fruit and Dutch chocolate tones, with a rich full body. This is one of our most popular offerings.
- Region: Kintamani highland areas, central Indonesia; Soil: Volcanic; Altitude: 1,200 – 1,600 meters; Variety: Bourbon, ( S 795 & USDA 762) Typica, Catimor; Certification: Organic; Harvest: May – October; Process: Hand picked, wet-hulled, two-step.
- Bali Blue Moon's lushness is perfectly suited to French press brewing to intensify its sweet, full body. The drip method will emphasize the coffee's clean flavors but brewing with a paper filter will trap some of its aromatic compounds. On the other hand, the vacuum (siphon) pot will deliver pronounced aroma and deeply-toned flavor.
- We take this coffee to a medium-dark roast to capture its "sweet spot" and highlight its memorable character. Grown in the Kintamani Highlands of North Bali, Indonesia, this coffee makes a lasting impression.
Among the archipelago nation of Indonesia lies its hidden Jewel, the island of Bali. The eruption of the Gunung Agung Volcano in 1963 caused a delay in the progress of modern-day coffee cultivation on Bali. In response to this situation, the government enacted programs in the 1970’s and 1980’s to help rejuvenate coffee production. With the distribution of coffee seedlings to local farmers, an island wide coffee growing campaign began. Today, the coffee growing area in Bali is an estimated 7,500 hectares. The Kintamani highlands, where most coffee is grown, sits atop a large volcanic plateau between 1300-1700 meters altitude. Coffee tree varieties include a high percentage of Bourbon and Typica, along with shade trees such as Erythrina, Albizia, Tangerine and Orange. The use of pesticides is prohibited on Bali and all fertilizers are 100% organic. The Subak Abian is a traditional farming structure organization in Bali, similar to a farmer cooperative. There are 13 different Subak Abians that are currently growing and processing coffee. The “SA” oversee both agricultural technology and religious activities. The promotion of improved coffee growing practices is expected to enhance not only agricultural technology but social and economic standing in Bali as well. This Jewel among coffees stands out with smooth body and overwhelming chocolate flavors.
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping via USPS Priority or UPS Air Express or Ground.
For Free USA shipping, merchant selects carriers based upon final customer destination. Customers may also upgrade shipping @ checkout where payment options are available.
My daughter and my son in law say the coffee is excellent. Thanks