3 lbs. Papua New Guinea Organic Estate Fresh Medium Roast 100% Arabica Coffee Beans
- Bean is sweet-toned, delicate aroma with butter notes and hints of chocolate and Mediterranean spice; when roasted full medium this coffee exhibits a savory hint of orange and a spicy, tannic finish.
- Fresh Roasted Each Morning & Shipped in the Afternoon! Even sweeter in the cup, still delicate but rich.
- Quietly complex with distinct floral notes and a crisp, subtle fruit that suggests Riesling table wine or perhaps black currant.
- The fruit notes turn toward cocoa in the long, continuing sweet finish.
- Papua New Guinea produces some of the most rich, full bodied and intense cups on the planet.
This Papua New Guinea organic estate coffee exhibits a sweet smooth "rolling" heavy body and silky mouth feel with notes of cut charred wood. A new coffee to our offering, this coffee offers a heavy pervasive aromatics that invade the senses with sugar and black-strap molasses. A rich, very defined boldness flows like syrup and honey, classic and sensual. This is the perfect cup for those who prefer more substance and density in their coffee. This is an Indonesian coffee without the earthy character found in Sumatra and Celebes. Papua New Guinea possesses a surprisingly clean profile. Its straightforward spice and subtle fruit are reminiscent of Yemen coffees with a medium body and clean finish to define the overall impression. Along the way you experience delicate acidity and soft citrus undertones. A definite straight-laced and, graceful coffee among a region of rather rebellious coffees. Our Papua New Guinea coffees are harvested from native Arabica plants originating from Ethiopia and brought to the island by Kenyans. The plants thrived in the volcanic soil and abundant moisture of New Guinea's high tropic forests, creating a brilliant marriage of flavor! The Kimel Estate comes from New Guinea's West Highlands, in a cloud forest, with altitudes of over a mile high. The farm grows heirloom Arabica coffees under a shade canopy of native trees.For people who enjoy a fairly crisp, full bodied cup. Well balanced.Roasting: Start with a Full City to Viennese, or just barely into the second crack. If you can't hear the cracks, then roast until the beans are smooth and medium dark brown with just the first hint of sheen as the oil emerges. This coffee roasts evenly. Recommendation: For people who enjoy a fairly crisp, full bodied cup. Not earthy like most Indonesian coffees, owing to the Ethiopian/Kenyans heritage of its root-stock. Good in blends, but so well balanced it stands well on its own.
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping via USPS Priority or UPS Air Express or Ground.
For Free USA shipping, merchant selects carriers based upon final customer destination. Customers may also upgrade shipping @ checkout where payment options are available.