1 lb.-5 lbs. Nicaragua Finca Organic Cordillera Isabelia Honey Processed Fresh Unroasted 100% Arabica Coffee Beans
- Cupping notes: 83-86 pts. Floral aroma, creamy body, chocolate and citrus flavors; natural process coffee with a crisp, fruity cup with a baker's chocolate finish to top off the taste. This coffee has a medium body and presents a pleasant, comforting finish. Fresh roasted to every order daily, shipped the same day as roasted!
- Single Estate, Coop, Mill Mark: Los Cipreces Harvest period: January-April. The coffee from this farm has gone to the Nicaraguan as the Cup of Excellence and qualified in the top 15 in the country.
- Elevation: 1300m Soil type: Volcanic clay Shade type: Mix of fruit and native trees. Varieties planted: Caturra catuai, catimor and bourbon. The coffee is cultivated under tree canopy and banana trees.
- Processing type (wet, dry, semi-washed, de-mucilage): Coffee is fully-washed with water from the farm with 12-18 hour fermentation time. Patio drying. Sorting processes: Machine and hand.
- Interesting notes on the coffee or regional culture: A multiple generation Coffee family farm in the heart of the Jinotega region. They pride themselves on the full control over their coffee from tree to final export.
Coffee cultivation was introduced to Nicaragua during the mid-1800s and was highly popular. Nicaraguan coffee trade has been impacted by hurricane devastation, politics, civil war, and a long interruption during the cold war years when the US prohibited the importing of Nicaraguan coffee. Today, Nicaragua appears to be making a comeback. This award winning coffee is produced at La Finca, the Young Life Camp and Farm in the mountains of Nicaragua. La Finca is a paradise, a beautiful retreat from the harsh realities of a poverty culture where they grow some of the best coffee that Nicaragua has to offer. The workers are paid a dignified wage, and every penny of profit is used to send a Nicaraguan young person to the Young Life Camp. The camp doubles as a working farm where world-class coffee is grown and sold and the profit of one bag of coffee goes to send one Nicaraguan youth to camp for a day. When we sell a bag of coffee, we are making this Nicaraguan ministry to young people self-sustaining and self-supporting. That is why we say that 100% of what we do with our coffee is to benefit young Nicaraguans, to reach them with the message of the Christian gospel, and to help them navigate through the difficult waters of a poverty culture. Your purchase of coffee is making a difference in the lives of hundreds of Nicaraguans and as you enjoy it, share this story with your friends. The Nicaragua Organic Cordillera Isabelia is a natural process coffee with a crisp, fruity cup with a baker's chocolate finish to top off the taste. This coffee has a medium body and presents a pleasant, comforting finish. A wonderful afternoon, evening, or late night coffee, Isabelia offers a distinct difference in morning blend coffees. This is an elegant coffee and it has enough body to stand up to dark roasts. The versatile, dense bean allows it to be roasted at any level you desire to taste. Roasted to Vienna stage, this coffee can make an excellent and unique single-origin espresso.
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping via USPS Priority or UPS Air Express or Ground.
For Free USA shipping, merchant selects carriers based upon final customer destination. Customers may also upgrade shipping @ checkout where payment options are available.