10 lbs. Sumatra Permata Gayo Mandheling Organic GR1 DP Fresh Medium Roast 100% Arabica Coffee Beans
- Sumatra Mandheling ranks in the top tier of distinctive coffees of the world. Fresh Roasted Each Morning & Shipped in the Afternoon!
- Roast Recommendations: City+ to Full City are incredibly complex and still on the clean side for Sumatra; beyond Full City+ to Vienna builds a matrix of earth-toned chocolate flavors.
- It is complex, has weight without heaviness, and a deeply resonate acidity not initially apparent. This is an organic Sumatra Mandheling, not conventional. A very nice alternative to the Bali Blue Moon.
- It is earthy, tangy, bitter-sweet with an aggressive musty twist. Clean, dark chocolate, black cherry notes.
- Great for darker roasts...this Sumatra makes an interesting, and intense espresso shot as well: deep earthy sweetness, viscous body, and strong cocoa finish. It makes a deep, savory, satisfying cup at various personal taste levels!
Just to clarify -- the "GR1 DP" It simply means Grade 1 (highest) and Dry Processed (sun dried with the fruit around the bean which is later removed mechanically). The dry processing imparts a over ripe fruity sweetness to the cup. The beans are grown at elevations ranging from 3,200 to 6,000 feet. Most fertilization is done with organic matter because of the high cost of imported fertilizers. This grade 1 Sumatra Mandheling is double picked. Full body. Low Acidity. Long, memorable finish. Environmental Factors: Shade grown Flavor Traits: Earth, leather, ripe stone fruit, dark chocolate and deep red wine tones. Growing Conditions: Shade grown, picked by hand, sun dried Hardness of the Bean: Hard. Will handle dark roasting well. Processing: Dry, or Natural. Sumatra Mandheling ranks in the top tier of distinctive coffees of the world. It is complex, has weight without heaviness, and a deeply resonate acidity not initially apparent. It is earthy, tangy, bitter-sweet with an aggressive musty twist. Great for darker roasts. Don't cull out the odd looking beans--they are normal for dry processing and add to the complexity of the cup. It makes a deep, savory, satisfying cup. As with other dry processed coffees, expect this Mandheling to roast a bit unevenly, but again, ignore the inconsistency to experience the full impact of this outstanding coffee. The color change in the Mandheling is slow during the roast, so there is somewhat of a tendency to roast it a bit darker than perhaps you mean to. Just be aware of it. To allow the deep rich flavor and body to develop, allow the coffee to rest for at least 24 hours after roasting.
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping via USPS Priority or UPS Air Express or Ground.
For Free USA shipping, merchant selects carriers based upon final customer destination. Customers may also upgrade shipping @ checkout where payment options are available.