3 lbs. Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Misty Valley Natural Processed Fresh Medium/Dark Roast 100% Arabica Coffee Beans
- All roasted orders are fresh roasted in the morning and shipped in the afternoon! This is a bold, single origin coffee: chocolate with a caramel texture, heavy fruits and a sweet nuance. A NEW COFFEE OFFERING THAT RIVALS THE NATURAL PROCESSED COFFEES FROM BALI!
- Cupping Notes - Blueberry, Chocolate, Strawberry, Floral, Clean, Consistent, Balanced, Bright lemony sweetness. The cup finishes with lingering, pleasant mouthfeel.
- In the cup, the Misty Valley truly delivers. A perfumed floral aroma leads into a crisp and complex fruit basket flavor. Milky body provides the backbone for the fruit and aromatics, creating a harmonious balance.
- Sweet, richly complex with honeysuckle, watermelon, strawberry, hints of pungent sandalwood and roasted cacao nib in aroma.
- Region: Yirgacheffe, Gedio; Growing Altitude: 1750-1950 masl; Arabica Variety: Heirloom varieties; Harvest Period: August through November; Milling Process: Natural; Aroma: Floral; Flavor: Blueberry, strawberry, milk chocolate; Body: Milky body, incredible balance.
The washed coffees of Yirgacheffe have long been prized for their delicate, tea-like aromatics and clean citrus flavor. Recently, producers in the Gedio region have been reinventing the natural process originally developed in Ethiopia to offer a completely different profile from this well-known origin. The Misty Valley is a prime example of the fruitiness, complexity, and character of these Natural Yirgacheffe coffees. Developed by exporter and producer partner Abdullah Bagersh, the Natural Misty Valley is subject to an incredible amount of care from start to finish. When the ripe cherries are first brought to the mill to dry on raised African beds, they are constantly turned (day and night!) for the first 48 hours of drying to ensure an even evaporation of the moisture from the cherry. This lends a consistency and cleanliness to the cup, which can prove difficult in a process prone to mold and uneven air circulation. After the coffee is fully dried and the skin, mucilage, and parchment removed, it is sorted and traded through the Ethiopian Coffee Exchange as a Natural Grade 4 Yirgacheffe.
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping via USPS Priority or UPS Air Express or Ground.
For Free USA shipping, merchant selects carriers based upon final customer destination. Customers may also upgrade shipping @ checkout where payment options are available.