Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Misty Valley Grade 3 Natural Processed Fresh 100% Arabica Coffee Beans
- All roasted orders are fresh roasted in the morning and shipped in the afternoon! This is a bold, single origin coffee: chocolate with a caramel texture, heavy fruits and a sweet nuance. A NEW COFFEE OFFERING THAT RIVALS THE NATURAL PROCESSED COFFEES FROM BALI!
- Cupping Notes - Blueberry, Chocolate, Strawberry, Floral, Clean, Consistent, Balanced, Bright lemony sweetness. The cup finishes with lingering, pleasant mouthfeel.
- In the cup, the Misty Valley truly delivers. A perfumed floral aroma leads into a crisp and complex fruit basket flavor. Milky body provides the backbone for the fruit and aromatics, creating a harmonious balance.
- Sweet, richly complex with honeysuckle, watermelon, strawberry, hints of pungent sandalwood and roasted cacao nib in aroma.
- Region: Yirgacheffe, Gedio; Growing Altitude: 1750-1950 masl; Arabica Variety: Heirloom varieties; Harvest Period: August through November; Milling Process: Natural; Aroma: Floral; Flavor: Blueberry, strawberry, milk chocolate; Body: Milky body, incredible balance.
The washed coffees of Yirgacheffe have long been prized for their delicate, tea-like aromatics and clean citrus flavor. Recently, producers in the Gedio region have been reinventing the natural process originally developed in Ethiopia to offer a completely different profile from this well-known origin. The Misty Valley is a prime example of the fruitiness, complexity, and character of these Natural Yirgacheffe coffees. Developed by exporter and producer partner Abdullah Bagersh, the Natural Misty Valley is subject to an incredible amount of care from start to finish. When the ripe cherries are first brought to the mill to dry on raised African beds, they are constantly turned (day and night) for the first 48 hours of drying to ensure an even evaporation of the moisture from the cherry. This lends a consistency and cleanliness to the cup, which can prove difficult in a process prone to mold and uneven air circulation. After the coffee is fully dried and the skin, mucilage, and parchment removed, it is sorted and traded through the Ethiopian Coffee Exchange as a Grade 1 Yirgacheffe.
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping
Free USA Shipping via USPS Priority or UPS Air Express or Ground.
For Free USA shipping, merchant selects carriers based upon final customer destination. Customers may also upgrade shipping @ checkout where payment options are available.
RhodesRoast has great prices, great coffee, and great service! I have been very satisfied with my purchases from them. I'm thankful to have a place I can get quality coffee at a good price! Thank you!
This is an exquisite cup of coffee. There are prominent notes of bright blueberry. This is one of the most interesting cups of coffee out there. I've been a fan of Ethiopian Yirgacheffe since I tried C----- Coffee's single origin specialty roast of this over a decade and a half ago. I've tried Rhoads Roast's Kenya AA, Colombia, and even other Yirgacheffes, and this Natural Processed variety is by far my favorite.
We love these beans! Wonderful taste and fast service!
Absolutely Delicious!! Just ordered 5 more pounds
I’m partial to African coffees and those from Ethiopia in particular; this is definitely a keeper. Not at all bitter, very smooth with a subtle sweetness, in short, a delicious way to start the day. I’ve been buying my coffee from Rhoads Roast for a couple of years now and find them excellent to work with, easy online ordering, great customer service, timely deliveries, and the satisfaction of supporting a small business.